Can you believe we are almost half way through 2019?!?! I feel like I always start these posts in disbelief but honestly I am shocked when I start them and realise we’re at the the end of another month. I’ve decided to add something new to these posts: my goals for the next month as I’m trying to start planning my future but also appreciating what I have.
Since finishing my final assignments my life has been a bit of a whirlwind! Almost as soon as I submitted my dissertation, I hopped on a plane and headed to the states for a few days in New York City and then another few days in Washington DC and Georgetown.
As soon as I was back from America I received my results for my final assignments and was delighted to get a first for my dissertation. I have worked so hard over the past 4 months planning and writing the screenplay and knowing all that hard work paid off was an amazing feeling.
I was then even happier when I found out that I will be graduating in July with a first class honours. All the stress from the past few years feels worth while and I feel like a massive weight has been lifted from my shoulders.
I have also started working for my dad’s company – The Health Equation – as Social Media Officer and continue to blog for Be U alongside upping my posts on this blog and working full time at the hotel so continue to stay busy even though I am no longer studying.
I have a blog post coming next week all about my current beauty favourites so I am not going to talk about them much on this post today. A couple of things I can’t not share though are:
Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel | Indeed Labs Hydraluron | Coop+Daisy C-Plus Day Serum | Coop+Daisy Night Glow Sleeping Serum | Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel |
I also had a facial at SKINWORK London which was incredible! I got their signature facial with microdermabrasion and am already booked in at the end of June!
Books & TV
As I have now finished uni I am trying to make a conscious effort to read more. I started Standard Deviation whilst I was away and haven’t finished it yet but I love it so far. I also have a reading list blog post coming over the next few weeks where I’ll go into the books I want to read over the next few months.
I have also been watching Sense8 on Netflix and have just finished the first season. This show is set all over the world and was sadly cancelled due to how expensive it was to film. I have however been told that it ends very well at the end of season 2. This show depicts the life of eight people who are connected and is so cleverly written and shot. I loved the first season and can’t wait to continue watching.
I have five main goals for June.
- Appreciate every day – as I am reaching the end of my contract for my house in Falmouth I want to appreciate every single day I spend in this beautiful town. Even if I am working I want to try and do at least one thing every day that makes the day worthwhile.
- Read four books – I am going to try and up my reading again and have a good reading list to follow.
- Write as much as I can – even if this means journalling, writing blog posts or writing a cover letter for a job, I love how I feel when I write so want to try and write a little bit every day.
- Take better care of my body – eat better, sleep better, drink more water, and spend more time looking after myself.
- Join the gym (and actually go) – I’ve been meaning to rejoin the gym for a long time, and with summer sneaking up on us I think it’s time to actually go to the gym.
What are your goals for June?