I have a couple of reasons for writing today’s blog post: first, I turned 21 last week, second, I have recently re-designed my blog and finally I have created a Facebook page. The latter two reasons go towards to goal to grow my readership and become more committed to Jessiecrescent. When I read a new blog I like to know a little bit about the blogger so what better way to learn things than a couple of facts.
Also, I still can’t believe I’m now 21, this year has flown by so fast – I’m almost finished my second year of uni and will soon be looking for placements and writing dissertation proposals – it’s kinda scary. Enough with my quarter life crisis…
1. I am half English, quarter Irish and quarter Caribbean
2. I am a second year student studying a BA honours in Creative Writing at Falmouth University
3. I cannot be in one place doing nothing for a long time, I love to get out, travel and visit new places
4. I can’t sleep with socks on
5. I had braces from the age of 12-16 and since then have had to wear a retainer which I struggle to do and then regret when my teeth move
6. I have an older sister, Chloe who works as Cabin Crew for Virgin Atlantic and a younger brother, Max who is in his last year of A levels
7. Since starting uni, I have dyed my hair 11 times, this includes removing the colour and re-dying it red or black. I have had my hair 7 different colours and it is currently brown with black/blue ends
8. I have 18 piercings in total, my most recent is my septum which didn’t hurt getting pierced but gets knocked easily – my nose also constantly feels bruised right now
9. I love tattoos. I have 5 myself and would love more but my family aren’t fans (sorry mum)
10. My favourite book of all time is Markus Zusak’s The Book Thief but I have never seen the film.
11. My go-to film is How To Be Single
12. One of my favourite things about living in Falmouth is how close I am to the sea. It’s a great escape when life gets to much and I’m able to clear my head and generally feel more positive
13. I’m definitely a summer baby. This might have something to do with my family being from the Caribbean but I can never get too much sun.
14. I always seem to have cold hands, no matter what my hands will always be a lot colder than the rest of my body.
15. Once I graduate I’d love to travel up the West-Coast of America. My dream is to see as much of the world as I can before I have to settle down and focus on being an adult
16. Blogging started off as a hobbit for me but I am always trying to turn it into career as it is a real passion of mine
17. I lost a lot of confidence in my writing ability at the beginning of the year after assignment results but am slowly gaining it back again
18. I’m a very organised person and can’t do much if I haven’t planned it
19. I have met most of my best friends at uni and I am always grateful to have them in my life – especially when they visit me at work if I’m having a bad day
20. I love makeup, but I don’t feel comfortable wearing it
21. I want to travel to every continent before I’m 30
That’s 21 facts about me, I’d love to get to know you more. Comment below an interesting fact about yourself